I always aim to start every day with a glass of (room temp) water, or even a cup of hot water and lemon. It is so cleansing for the digestive system, it gives my metabolism a boost AND and does a fab job of hydrating after hours of sleep....
when I know my immune system needs an extra boost, this is my go to:
This tea is antibacterial, antivirus, an analgesic, it's cleansing, congestion clearing, anti-inflammatory and immune boosting!!
I drink this tea at least 20 mins before breakfast every day when I know I need to take extra care of myself!
If you feel called to- why not try it throughout the month of October and see how it makes you feel?
- A mug you love
- A dash of apple cider vinegar OR a 1/4 of a lemon (either the juice, or throw the whole thing in!)
- A teaspoon of Honey (I LOVE Manuka honey 20+ UMF)
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh turmeric or ground turmeric
- Fill to the top with hot water
- Optional extras: For an extra kick/ metabolism and immune boost- try adding the smallest pinch of cayenne pepper- not for the faint hearted!! OR add a tsp of grated ginger
Stir and allow to sit for 5 mins before drinking.
Join me in trying it every day for the month of October, and let me know how you get on!
Want more juicy info on all the goodies sin this Immune Booting Tea? ....did you know that?
- Lemons have antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances–notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection. Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds.
- Turmeric's anti-inflammatory properties have been compared to those of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It is a natural painkiller, a potent antioxidant, and protects DNA from damage.
- Manuka Honey has natural compound s from bees that live around the New Zealand-native manuka bush, may help your immune system fight off infections. Manuka honey contains more methylgloxal, the compound thought to be responsible for its antibacterial activity than other honeys, according to WebMD.
- Warm water As well as being our natural life source, warm water is healing. It helps with digestion, and can reduce metabolic waste in the immune system (substances left over from excretory processes). ... One of the best health benefits of drinking warm water in the morning
- Apple cider vinegar aids detoxification is by breaking up mucus throughout the body and cleansing the lymph nodes to allow for better lymph circulation. A healthy lymphatic system can remove toxins from the cells in the body while improving immune system response
- Cayenne Pepper contains lots of beta carotene and Vitamin C, cayenne has incredible properties. Capsaicin, the main component of the capsicum, is an antioxidant, analgesic and anti-inflammatory substance.
- Ginger is a strong strong antioxidant, it is antimicrobial (kills bacteria - including salmonella) - internally and topically as an antiseptic. Interestingly, two natural antibiotics are found in ginger, it contains anti-inflammatory agents and helps eliminate congestion. Ginger root tea eases some throat pain, it kills cold viruses and inhibits production of cytokines which cause pain and swelling combats chills and fever
Here is to feeling FIT, STRONG AND FABULOUS THIS AUTUMN!
Lots of love, Rachael x