A LITTLE INSIGHT IN TO ME
I’m very proud of my Celtic roots. Travel is in my blood: I got married on a mountain in New Zealand, named my pilates studio after a trip to Nepal, and spent my 30th birthday salsa dancing in Cuba.
When I’m not teaching or traveling the world, you’ll find me at home in Devon going paddle-boarding with my husband, having dinner parties with friends and family, or nibbling on dark chocolate while gazing at the ocean.
Rachael assisting Eric Franklin at New York University teaching 68 dancers how embodying the incredible design of the foot can help them to jump higher, become more flexible and dancer longer with less injury.
Rachael teaching Canadian Contemporary Dance Theatre, Toronto, Canada
Curious about my credentials?
Here’s a brief version of my CV:
Fulltime training at The Royal Ballet School 1992-1999
The Royal Ballet - The Royal Opera House, Covent Garden
La Sylphide, The Nutcracker, Giselle, Bayadere & the Dance Bites UK tour
Ballet Im Aalto - Essen, Germany
Don Quixote, Bolero, Romeo and Juliet, Carmina Burana, Anatevka
- Body Control Pilates Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Mat-work training 2002 - 2006
- Pilates in Pregnancy training 2008
- Body Control Pilates Reformer training 2009
- New York City Ballet Workout training 2002
- Founded Kendra Pilates in 2006
- Royal Academy of Dance C.B.T.S 2005-2007 - Registered Teacher Status
- Kelly Kane School, New York 2008 Anatomy Course
- Zumba teacher training course, 2011
- Level 1 Franklin Method training with Eric Franklin and Morten Dithmer at Conservatoire Trinity Laban, London, 2011
- Opened Kendra Pilates Studio in 2012
- Level 2 Franklin Method training with Eric Franklin and Morten Dithmer in Colorado, US, 2012-2013
- Level 3 Franklin Method training with Eric Franklin and Morten Dithmer in New York and Colorado, US, June'14-March'15
- Franklin Method Faculty Teacher Training with Eric Franklin and Morten Dithmer in London 2016-2017
- Universal Health Principles Training with Laura Hames Franklin in New York and Hawaii 2016-2018
"Every dancer should learn about Franklin Method. Just one class with Rachael made me think completely differently about my body and my approach to the profession and industry itself"
Rosanna Yeo. London, UK. Professional Dancer.